On Saturday October 6th at 10AM LivingStones will be hosting a morning with Joel
and Pamellah Amonde. Karuna Action have partnered with Joel and Pamela to
build a school in Kampala, Uganda called the “Child Promotion School”.
Working with Karuna since 2012, Joel and Pamela have built a school which now
has over 400 students from disadvantaged backgrounds. They take students from
Nursery all the way to Secondary. Many of the students are orphans, and the
school has grown to be able to house and feed numerous pupils as well as to
provide an education that is sought after by even non-disadvantaged children in the
Karuna Action have been actively supporting the school since 2012 and regularly
sends teams to work with Joel and Pamela and the children at the school.
In 2016, Karuna Action launched Karuna Coffee, which has been a tremendous
success for the charity. The profits from the sale of Karuna’s home roasted coffee
are invested into projects including the “Child Promotion School” and have
provided significant funding to help Joel and Pamela in their vision. LivingStones
serves and sells Karuna coffee as part of its commitment to Karuna Action.
Come along on Saturday October 6th to meet Joel and Pamela, enjoy a variety of
different Karuna coffees and find out just how buying coffee can make a real
difference in the lives of Ugandan children.
We need your help!
LivingStones will be undergoing major refurbishments between January 8th and February 12th 2018. In preparation for these works commencing there are several key activities that we are looking for help to achieve.
- We have to pack up all stock from our shop. Stock then needs to be stored somewhere dry and secure until February 12th.
- We have to remove all rubbish from three floors of LivingStones. Rubbish needs to be removed and taken to local municipal tips.
- We have to remove and dispose of all unwanted furniture. Much of our existing furniture may need to be disposed of or given away. Help is required in transporting this from the centre.
- We have to remove and store until February 12th any items that will ultimately be returned to the centre (paperwork, kitchen ware etc.)
All of this work needs to be carried out between December 11th and January 7th 2018 so we are particularly looking for people able to offer:
- Physical help in removing items & taking them to the tip.
- Use of vans or large boot-space cars.
- A corner of a garage or weatherproof shed in which items can be stored till Feb 12th.
- Over 95% of the costs associated with the centre renovation have already been met by generous giving, but we are looking for a further £8,000 to allow us to purchase all the final furnishings in the centre.
If you would like to help us in one of the above ways, please click below and complete the online form.