LivingStones – more than a bookshop. A community hub – resourcing, equipping and encouraging.
After nearly two years of consulting and praying, we are delighted to introduce the new LivingStones:
- Fully refurbished retail space with all new fixtures fittings and décor.
- New ground floor drop-in space where you can hang out and enjoy a hot drink
- Modern kitchen / diner with a youthful focus
- Business suite with 9 hot desks on the top floor.
- Fully refurbished community rooms with modern Audio/ Visual facilities.
- Modernised shop front.
These changes are a direct result of what you have asked for. In the summer of 2015 we ran a vision group with representatives of all of the Churches in our local area. We encouraged them all to pray into and bring ideas about how the space at LivingStones could best be used by the Christian community in Fleet.
The results from this vision team were captured in an online survey. The Christians in Fleet then voted for what you wanted to happen. We have listened and the new LivingStones Christian Centre provides facilities and resources for everything you told us you wanted. In particular facilities to support:
- Drop-in and talk space
- Children’s Story Time
- A hot-Desk office suite
- Youth Café
- Multi-Configuration Community Room with Multimedia Audio System
- Potential for a Town Centre chaplaincy
The refurbishment starts at the end of the summer and should be finished by the early Autumn. The shop is anticipated to be closed for 4 weeks but we are looking for an alternative venue to continue serving our customers during this time. Check out the website for updates.
There is a meeting on August 2nd at Church on the Heath at which the directors and management will show what the new building and facilities will look like and to highlight the arrangements that we will be following during the redevelopment period. Invitations will be going out soon. Please make an effort to come along. It will be lovely to be able to share with you some of our excitement.