Why read the Bible Everyday?
- It helps you get to know what the Bible has to say
- It speaks into situations you are facing
- It deepens your relationship with Jesus
Firstly, before you dive into all-things Bible reading notes, you might first need a Bible to read alongside the notes! We have many translations and versions available for you regards the Bible itself. [links coming soon, in the meantime, please contact us!]
What’s available to guide your daily Bible reading?
- Bible in a Year – daily readings and notes that cover the Bible in a year
- Daily Notes and Devotionals – series of daily readings or booklets focusing on specific topics or life issues
- Digital resources – app’s, daily emails, e-books, podcasts and websites
How can LivingStones help?
- Visit our shop on the high street in Fleet and browse the books and notes we have available right now in the centre – some are available free of charge (or for a donation)
- Chat to the centre staff in the shop, or call us – staff will be pleased to share their experiences of daily Bible reading and chat through some of the options
- If we don’t have what you would like available to take away, we can order it for you
What does LivingStones recommend?
- Bible in One Year – available free as a smart phone app or by email from Alpha International
- Lectio 365 – daily guided devotionals available free from 24-7 Prayer as a smart phone app
- Waverley Abbey Resources – daily notes available by post, in different digital formats or from LivingStones and the Cover to Cover study series for small group or personal study
- Waverley Abbey Resources Insight series – short books on subjects such as depression, dementia and self-harm.
- Scripture Union – daily notes for adults as well as resources for children and young people
- Bible Reading Fellowship – a wide variety of daily notes to suit different needs and preferences available by post or digitally as smart phone apps
- Bible Society – a wide range of group, personal and youth study resources many in digital form or available free
How do I get started?
- Pick a place and time – Find a place and time where you can be quiet and comfortable each day
- Keep a journal – Recording your thoughts can be useful as you open your heart and mind to the word of God and reflect on His love for you
- Enjoy it – You are spending time with Jesus: He loves you!
Where can I get more information?
The best way to get more information is to pop in and see us at the shop! You can browse, purchase or order our Bibles and daily Bible reading resources, chat with our staff and pick up a flyer(s) for yourself or to pass on to others. You can also enquire by sending us an email, fill in our enquiry and order form, or call 01252 616038.
Perhaps God has been challenging you recently to spend more time in His Word, or perhaps despite your best intentions, you struggle to focus or choose what to study first and end up not studying anything (you’re definitely not alone there!). Whatever your reasons, there are a great selection of Bible reading notes and resources to choose from. Don’t worry, if you’re looking for something different that’s not currently in stock, just get in touch – we’d love to help you find the right notes for you.